I just did this on my Intel Mac which originally had Leopard, but I recently upgraded it to Snow Leopard.
This was taken from GoodUser.info
- Create a folder on your desktop called myst4
- Inside this folder make two more folders, one called Myst4_1 and one called Myst4_2
- Insert disk 1 and open the terminal
cp -Rv * ~/Desktop/myst4/Myst4_1- this will take a while
- Eject disk 1 and insert disk 2
cp -Rv * ~/Desktop/myst4/Myst4_2- this will take a while
java run- The installer will load
- Accept all the defaults, keep clicking next
- When prompted for disk 2, navigate to Desktop/myst4/Myst4_2 and click open
- The application is now installed.
- In the terminal type
cd /Ubisoft/MystIV, press enter, then run
chmod -R 777 myst4.app
- Run the game by opening Myst4 under the Macintosh HD/Ubisoft/MystIV directory.
The installation instructions above worked like a charm, however running the program is the new issue now. Everytime I try to execute it, it crashes. It appears that there isn’t any fix other than to install using the installer from here, which uses the PC version with Cider….which has worked perfectly fine so far.