It’s becoming clear to me that there are many different types of food delivery services that people are using, many obviously start ups that are testing out markets (especially in the San Francisco bay area).
I decided that I should start to organize a list of them for reference later, because it’s easy to forget about them. Also it would be nice to have a list so that we can notice when certain ones go away.
- Prepared Meals
- Tailored Meal-Kits
- Home Chef - Provides low-carb options
- Blue Apron
- Plated - Economical meal kits ($4.78 per serving)
- Every Plate - Economical meal kits ($4.99 per serving)
- Hello Fresh - Advertises shorter prep time
- Sun Basket - Caters to healthy / organic consumers (Paleo, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegan, and more)
- Green Chef - Organic meals for Keto, Paleo, Heart Smart, Omnivore, or Vegan lifestyle
- Prepared Ingredients
- Raw Meat
- Butcher Box - Beef, Pork, Chicken, or Fish
- Raw Produce
- Imperfect Produce - Fruits and vegetables delivered with organic box options
See also The Meal Kit Review for comparisons of many other services.